Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Preseason Family Dinner- 1999

Our senior season, Justice arranged a covered dish dinner in the fieldhouse for all players and families to attend. This turned out to be a great idea and was alot of fun, and I got some great pictures from this event that I still have today. However, in the middle of this thing, Justice called all the parents upstairs to talk to them. In the car on the way home, my parents told me the speech went something like this:

"Moms, Dads, I just want you to know that we're gonna take good care of your boys. I really appreciate you all being here tonight, you know the one thing that I regret in life is that mother is no longer here. I would give anything to have her walk through that door right now. She always told me to watch my language, and she was embarassed to come to my games because of the way I talked. Parents, believe me, I know I cuss too much, and honestly I'm ashamed of my language, but where I come from, you can't get somebody's attention by singing Kumbaya."

Unbelievable.

No comments: