Sunday, March 4, 2007

Big Hit

I remember on a rain day once, we went Oklahoma in the turf room. Like most little receivers did, we would always try to match up with the other little guys on defense. After seeing my opportunity come with William Ogle, I jumped to the front of the line. However, after getting the handoff, Phillip Muzzi, not only missed the block, he missed Damien Wilson COMPLETELY. Damien hit me so hard all I saw was my feet go over my facemask and I had a pain in my neck for two days. I know this hit was ferocious, because two private school guys came to watch that day because they were "starters" at MRA and Canton Academy and wanted to come play with the big boys. In the middle of practice, not long after my hit, one of them looked at Buckles and said "I don't believe I want none of that", and left. Never saw his fat ass again. I also believe that was the same day that Sharegus drilled Ben Strain and the day that Keith got laid out too- that was a memorable practice.

No comments: