Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Infamous Jackie Sherril "farting incident"

One of the ones that only I took part in and also one of my favorite was the infamous Jackie Sherrill "farting incident". This day, which was near the end of the season in 1998. I wanna say we were preparing for Clinton (the game where Ben Shannon made his famous catch over Dontae' Walker). However, Coach Sherrill, who was about to clinch the SEC West that year for Mississippi State was at practice to watch Buckles. During a water break, Coach Sherrill came on the practice field to talk to Coach Justice. I was on a knee about 10 feet behind them. About 30 seconds into the conversation, Coach Justice farted so hard and so loud the shorts FLUFFED OFF HIS ASS! Of course, at this point, I am laughing hysterically. Coach Justice and Coach Sherrill then turn around and look at me awkwardly. Coach Justice then uttered his famous line, "What's the matter, Pigott, folks don't fart where you come from?". Truly a classic memory.

1 comment:

thegrayghost said...

That's a great one to get this thing going Pigott. Vintage Mike Justice!